Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Christmas traditions in Italy
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Christmas traditions in Italy Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:22 pm
    ----
I just put up a page on Christmas traditions in Celenza from the 1920s and modern times. We are really blessed because a man who lived in Italy in the 1920s shared his memories with us.

celenzaheritage.google...uonnatale!

Enjoy!

#2: Re: Christmas traditions in Italy Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:36 pm
    ----
Oh this is so nice! Thanks for sharing it.

#3: Re: Christmas traditions in Italy Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:30 pm
    ----
Love the page Lori! Great job yet again!

#4: Re: Christmas traditions in Italy Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:28 pm
    ----
Thanks! We owe it all to John, who told thast lovely story to us to post.

#5: Re: Christmas traditions in Italy Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:06 pm
    ----
Your post and website was very interesting ---- Regarding current day traditions, I was under the impression that Christmas trees were not a big tradition in Italy, but more of a Northern European tradition (UK, Germany, etc.). I have wanted to bring my Italian family some Christmas ornaments as gifts, but thought they wouldn't be used. My cousins just told us they also had Christmas trees (Puglia)......I was wondering if one of the members living in Italy could comment on how popular Christmas are in Italy.....thanks, Charlie

#6: Re: Christmas traditions in Italy Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:41 am
    ----
Oh yes - Christmas trees are definately 'in' in Italy....

But they are often dressed a little differently from the traditional ways, but are none the less very, very tasteful.

Gubbio 'Candle Festival' - near Perugia.

And who doesn't know about the famous 'Swarovski' Christmas Tree in the Galleria in Milan!

I will try and write a piece about the 'mountain' (Alpine) Christmas traditions for you - even that is a mixture of 'your' traditions and 'theirs'....

-> General Discussion Groups