Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:11 am
    ----
Thanksgiving has always been a special holiday for me. Not for the time off from work or for the food but for the opportunity to share the occasion with family and friends giving thanks to God for everything he has done for us. This year in memory of all our relatives and friends who have passed, there will be a vacant chair and an empty setting at our Thanksgiving table to remind us of who we are and where we came from. A visible symbol of our thankfulness for all they did for us.

Since I began my journey to discover my ancestors a year ago, I've found new friends and new family along the way. To my Gente family, I wish all of you and your loved ones, a Happy Thanksgiving.

God Bless and Keep You Always,
Biff

A Prayer of Thanksgiving

Father of the Ages,

Thank You for providing everything we need.

Thank You for grandparents who prayed for us before we were born

as we pray for the grandchildren of our grandchildren.

Thank You for teaching us to love by loving us,

for all the love You give and we share.

Thank You for surrounding us with the miracle of Your creation,

for the heavens and the sparrows.

Thank You for laughter and others to laugh with,

for service and others to serve with.

Thank You for health, sight, hearing, hands to work

and hands to hold, holidays and beauty,

books and music, children, food, rest, homes,

and memories. My my, we are so blessed.

Thank you for being here, watching, caring, helping.

Glory to Your name!

Thank You for who You are.

#2: Re: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:40 am
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

#3: Re: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:20 am
    ----
Beautiful words, Biff.....

I am thankful for all my new friends at Gente. You have all become a big part of my life and I am glad you share this journey with me.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, even to our friends over seas.

#4: Re: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:03 pm
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving to all. For any that are traveling please be safe.

#5: Re: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:52 pm
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

#6: Re: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:07 pm
    ----
lol lol lol

#7: Re: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 am
    ----
Great post Biff. Brought a tear to my eye. Livio I love your turkey. Thanksgiving always meant something to my family. My great grandmother, grandmother and her brother and sister arrived in this country on Thanksgiving day. They had to stay on the ship an extra day because of the holiday. Natalina my great grandmother wondered what kind of country had a holiday for a chicken! Shocked On the other side, my mother was a card carrying DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution). Her ancestor landed here in 1630 from England. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

#8: Re: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:29 am
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all have a great day.

#9: Re: Happy Thanksgiving--Buona Festa del Ringraziamento Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:45 am
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving to EVERYONE Very Happy

The Creed and the Colour and the Name doesn't matter as we say here in Scotland, "We're aw Jock Tamson's Bairns"! (meaning- at the end of the day - we are all related in some way!) Wink

God Bless All
Emmy

-> General Discussion Groups