Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Nutella and Amaretti Tart (for Jen...as promised)
-> Recipes

#1: Nutella and Amaretti Tart (for Jen...as promised) Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:04 pm
    ----
I promised to send Jen some easy recipes that she can make at home without wrecking the entire kitchen. Nuccia is teaching her to cook and she is loving it (Jen that is... not too sure about Nuccia Very Happy ).

So here goes.. try this one Jen - I think you will like it!

NUTELLA AND AMARETTI TART

Ingredients for 8 people
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cake flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into 6 pieces
1 large egg, beaten
1 or more teaspoons water

220gr Nutella
12 amaretti biscuits
>Amaretti<
1 egg yolk
Dusting sugar

Preparation
In a large bowl, using a fork, stir together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt. Using your fingertips, work in the butter until the dough resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the centre and add the whole egg. Gently blend the ingredients with a fork to form a soft dough. Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it into a disk. Wrap the disk in plastic and put in the refrigerator until firm, at least 1 hour.

Lightly roll out the pastry dough to a ‘round’ about 30cm (12”) wide and about ½” thick. Lay it in a pie tin/dish pre lined with greaseproof paper, make a border (about 2” high x ½” thick) and prick the dough all over with a fork, cover with nother piece of greaseproof paper and cover this with a layer of dried beans to avoid air bubbles under the pastry. Brush the border with the egg yolk. Place in a pre-heated oven at 210°C for approx. 15/20 minutes. Remove fron the oven and remove the beans and the paper. Cover the base with a layer of amaretti biscuits broken into small pieces and cover these with a layer of Nutella that has been softened in a bain-marie (double boiler). Place back in the oven and cook for a further 5/6 minutes.

The tart can be decorated with strips of pastry dough in any preferred pattern.

Serve slices of the tart freshly sprinkled with the dusting sugar.

I Googled this picture for you Jen!
> A Crostata<

#2: Re: Nutella and Amaretti Tart (for Jen...as promised) Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:17 pm
    ----
Thanks Carole...

I know she's going to love this...and I'll send you a private email later... Twisted Evil

lol lol lol lol lol

#3: Re: Nutella and Amaretti Tart (for Jen...as promised) Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:06 pm
    ----
I think I'll love this too
Emmy Wink

-> Recipes