Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Your 'new' Regular Milestones update!
-> Announcements

#1: Your 'new' Regular Milestones update! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:07 am
    ----
Well this is a bit new and a bit a spin off from other posts of this type.

I thought it would be a good idea to give ourselves a BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE and at the same time a BIG PAT ON THE BACK for Nuccia. This will be the place for people to note any milestones as we reach them and then pass them. So please don't hesitate to post news of this kind if you notice one!

Why? Well you might well ask... for those of you who haven't noticed (though I'm sure you have) - we are

JUST ONE AWAY FROM OUR 100th MEMBER!!!
AND

WITH FIVE MORE DAYS TO GO...
WE HAVE ALREADY PASSED OUR PREVIOUS HIGHEST MONTH FOR 'VIEWS'
(as I write we have achieved 52783 this month!

OUR OVERALL TOTAL IS NOW STANDING AT
230884 page views since July 9, 2007
That's almost a quarter of a million!

#2: Re: Your 'new' Regular Milestones update! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:48 am
    ----
HOORAY...OUR FIRST 100!!!

So who are 'happy bunnies' NOW?

#3: Re: Your 'new' Regular Milestones update! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:00 pm
    ----
Amazing job, Nuccia and Carole. And I must say that we have the best members on the planet!

#4: Re: Your 'new' Regular Milestones update! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:11 pm
    ----
You know what Gina??? I agree!

I'm really happy wth the way you all get along and help each other out. You have made this forum so friendly and easygoing that sometimes I just log on long enough to read the posts. I never have to worry about answering anything first because there are so many here that know so much more than I do..I learn from all of you!

And Carole and I just sit back sometimes and think of new ways to just make it better...

Thank You Everyone! kiss

#5: Re: Your 'new' Regular Milestones update! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:23 pm
    ----
Well it's been remiss of me not to write an update here for some time, and for that I ask your forgiveness.

Christmas, New Year and Epiphany all seem distant memories now despite the fact that only two months have passed. But what a two months it has been for "Gente" statistics! - no don't yawn - you're all part of the statistics kiss

Since the last update our memberships has grown steadily and now stands at 160! It has been a steady climb since we opened our doors to the world, and one which is very satisfying. More so perhaps because many, if not all, of these members are developing into friends and really do go out of their way to help the new genealogy researcher when they arrive.Your)successes continue to appear on the forums - families and previously unknown cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents are discovered along with surprising (and sometimes disturbing) news about these people and their lives. But that is the essence of genealogy isn't it? To seek and discover the how's and why's of our forbears, to recall the memories of them and applaud their often momumental achievements against all the odds.

But I digress - back to the statistics (yeah, yeah - I know... booooring) - but we have some great milestones to celebrate too. While we are NOT as big as many genealogy sites - the number of visits continues to climb - even allowing for the occasional invasion onto our site by those BOTS. Who doesn't wonder what the heck is happening when they see that there are maybe 400 members on line one minute and they disappear in a flash the next! But despite their visits, our views in February hit the 100,000 mark and that is great. our running total from last July now stands at almost half a million (473,200) and that can't be bad, can it?

Nuccia has been working with James Bianco, Cathy and others to develop new databases for "Gente" and some of these can now be seen by accessing the Resource Pages Forum on "Gente". Plus of course the Surname Database which is (and always will be) an ongoing work, continues to grow on an almost daily basis. So, all in all it's been a fruitful couple of months which will I'm sure continue into the future.

It just remains to thank you all for being with us and helping to build "Gente di Mare".

-> Announcements