Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Sharing my FTM Online Family Tree
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Sharing my FTM Online Family Tree Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:02 pm
    ----
I thought I would post my simple online family tree did with FTM. It is not fancy but has lots of family surnames. I not only covered my family tree branches but my inlaws as well. Hope someone can gain information that would be helpful for their research.

familytreemaker.geneal....html#edit

#2: Re: Sharing my FTM Online Family Tree Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:28 pm
    ----
Hey lilbees,
For a real amateur like me - that is awesome.... and you called it simple! I suppose by some standards it is simple, but hey - to me it really seems quite involved.

But having seen your site, it gives me the courage to try and put together something similar for my (seemingly) disfunctional families!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us....

#3: Re: Sharing my FTM Online Family Tree Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:38 pm
    ----
I had to go back to my old Family Treemaker 16 Software in order to have access to building a free online family tree. It was stricly follow the questions. After I set up the family site I am able to update it with my FTM 2008 gedcom file. I know it is going through the back door to get a free website but it works. After I created what I wanted I then removed FTM 16. The other site I use is the FamilyHeritage.com. You can download the free program, import your gedcom file and then set up your website. This again is free software and website. Again I can update the tree with my FTM 2008 file that I export as gedcom file. Give it a try.

#4: Re: Sharing my FTM Online Family Tree Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:40 pm
    ----
By the way Carole, we are all from dysfunctional families. I have as many unmarried or thrice married in my family. I believe they didn't believe in or know about divorce.

Have fun.

#5: Re: Sharing my FTM Online Family Tree Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:09 pm
    ----
Hey,

This is great..just going through it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Oh..and you're right..we're all from dysfunctional families. You should see mine sometime. lol

-> General Discussion Groups