Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: GoogleMail??????
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: GoogleMail?????? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:04 am
    ----
Since last night I cant get into Gmail or Hotmail to check my emails - it keeps coming up 'This page cannot be displayed'

Any suggestions if I've done something wrong or is anyone having problems getting into Gmail or Hotmail accounts.

Emmy

#2: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:39 am
    ----
I can access Gmail without problems.

#3: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:49 am
    ----
You can't get into either of your emails? Hmmm...but you can log onto other pages. Sounds like somethings wrong with those pages. I'm having no problem with mine... Confused

#4: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:30 pm
    ----
I still cant get access to goolemail or hotmail. Hormail comes up but when I sign in it says page cant be found but with gmail it doesnt even give me the option to sign in it just says server cant be found
I went into internet options then advanced tab and then to security settings it said to check the following SS1 2.o SSL 3.0 TLS 1.0 PCT 1.0

The first two have ticks in their boxes 3rd one ins not ticked (should it be ?) and I cant find the last one Grateful for any ideas to sort this out
Emmy

#5: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:42 pm
    ----
Things are going from bad to worse. When I go into Familysearch.org and do a search the page comes up but if I try to sign in it comes up with the page cant be found! again and the same is happening with Ancestry yet I can log into Italian Genealogy and here and Amici Just what on earth have I done to my computer?
Emmy

#6: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:48 pm
    ----
Did you try to switch off the pc and start it again?

#7: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:15 pm
    ----
Yes I've done that makes no difference I'm just not sure if I need to tick the box TLS1.0
Emmy

#8: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:18 pm
    ----
Mine is checked...

#9: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:56 pm
    ----
I've ticked that box but it's not made any difference I've a feeling it may be something to do with the settings re security because now it wont let me open a link that Millybobs posted on I.G. and I was able to open that last night although it did say an error had occured. Think i'll need to get someone to check the computer for me because I've no idea what I'm doing once I go into all those 'mysterious' boxes maybe I should try this neclord neclord neclord neclord neclord
Emmy

#10: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:10 pm
    ----
Emmy wrote:
I've ticked that box but it's not made any difference I've a feeling it may be something to do with the settings re security because now it wont let me open a link that Millybobs posted on I.G. and I was able to open that last night although it did say an error had occured. Think i'll need to get someone to check the computer for me because I've no idea what I'm doing once I go into all those 'mysterious' boxes maybe I should try this neclord neclord neclord neclord neclord
Emmy

1) Delete cookies and temporary files (using Explorer: right click on Explorer icon --> property --> chronology exploration--> eliminate --> eliminate everything --> then click "yes")
Then check if you still have troubles.

2) If you still have troubles, make a scan with your antivirus.

3) If troubles persist, download this program Ad-Aware Free, update it and make a scan, and then see if it shows you some "new critical objects".

#11: Re: GoogleMail?????? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:35 pm
    ----
Thanks Simy but I did that this morning I already use Ad-Aware.
Think ill give the coputer a SHOCK and beging swearing at it Shocked
Emmy

-> General Discussion Groups