Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: G-639 Freedom of Information ~ Privacy Act Request.
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: G-639 Freedom of Information ~ Privacy Act Request. Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:33 pm
    ----
I have need use this form G-639 Freedom of Information ~ Privacy Act Request. before.
Can someone please explain to me what kind of information I will get back with this form?

#2: Re: G-639 Freedom of Information ~ Privacy Act Request. Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:48 pm
    ----
Well, it depends on what you are asking for. There is a space to put precisely what your request is. Unfortunately, when I got a reply, it was a one page index card. I was pretty disappointed as there was virtually no useful info. on it. I was hoping for my ggm's alien registration file. It is best to make your requests broad. Fill us in on the details of what you are seeking.

#3: Re: G-639 Freedom of Information ~ Privacy Act Request. Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:51 pm
    ----
I'm looking for any information that I can find on Anotnino Pellerito and Benedetto Maola. I hit a brick wall with them too. And any information that G-639 is able to give me to find my family would help me.

Vincenza

#4: Re: G-639 Freedom of Information ~ Privacy Act Request. Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:39 pm
    ----
Then why not request the complete file and all contents for both? Thats pretty general.

#5: Re: G-639 Freedom of Information ~ Privacy Act Request. Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:48 pm
    ----
Nuccia is right, make a broad request. That is, make it narrow enough so you are actually asking for something but broad enough so that they don't exclude things. I aksed for the alien registration form and file on my ggm. Make sure to include birthdates of the subjects, and if you have citizenship numbers or alien registration numbers, include those. I did not have any. Include death certificates, unless the subject is from long ago. They said I did not need a death cert. for my ggm because she was born in 1870.

-> General Discussion Groups