Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Professional Genealogist
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Professional Genealogist Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:05 pm
    ----
Every year or so this discussion seems to come up - what exactly is a professional genealogist. Does the term "professional" apply to the profession, as in someone who makes a living or earns income in the field of genealogy? Does "professional" apply to experience or proficiency? As in a genealogist who has many years of experience and training, specific skills and/or high-quality work? How about credentials? Does "professional" imply that the genealogist has received certification? In other words, does the term "professional" relate to how a genealogist makes a living, the skills and experience he/she brings to the field, or the time devoted to genealogy research?

Where do you weigh in on this issue?

[Yes, I grabbed the idea from About.com]

#2: Re: Professional Genealogist Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:14 pm
    ----
What an awesome question Bob. I don't care where you got the idea from..I would love to hear what people have to say about this. Why don't also set up a poll once you get some answers (or before if you like). We need a new one..

#3: Re: Professional Genealogist Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:20 pm
    ----
I'll attempt to set one up now.

#4: Re: Professional Genealogist Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:39 pm
    ----
I love the polls...
I'll wait for that.

#5: Re: Professional Genealogist Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:12 am
    ----
It is up ... on the main page.

#6: Re: Professional Genealogist Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:48 pm
    ----
rfornal wrote:
It is up ... on the main page.
I can't find it hide

#7: Re: Professional Genealogist Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:02 pm
    ----
Its on the News page. Here's the link......

www.gentedimaregenealo.../index.php

Its on the right hand side. Enjoy!

#8: Re: Professional Genealogist Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:08 pm
    ----
Grazie Nuccia!!!!

#9: Re: Professional Genealogist Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:42 pm
    ----
That was fun! What is the next poll about?

-> General Discussion Groups