Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Ancestry Renewal
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Ancestry Renewal Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:12 pm
    ----
Some of you may know about my recent "problem" with ancestry. I was contacted yesterday early morning by the bank telling me how a $360. on line purchase was made on my credit card during the night. Of course, I denied it since I didn't charge anything and so my credit card was blocked and I was left wondering just what the hell had happened.

It turns out that ancestry, under the name of MFI ancestry renewed my subscription at some point during the night..but they didn't send me any notification about this. And of course, it was more than double what I was charged last year with a Canadian exchange rate added too.

I was not happy or impressed so I contacted ancestry when I returned home from work today. After being on hold for almost 20 minutes, I got the nicest and most efficient representative I have EVER spoken with in my life. Other than the wait time, there were no problems at all. Yes, there were some things handled poorly but they immediately took charge and straightened it all out..and we had a great time while we were at it. The rep also MATCHED last years price (I was shocked since it was a special deal I got last year) and after telling him about the forum, we spent the next 5 minutes discussing options. He will be forwarding my newsletters in every language available and I will be able to post them here for everyone to enjoy. I know this will be great for our Italian readers.

I did however ask that it not be automatically renewed next year so that I can control the charges. And my credit card was reinstated as well once I called and told them about the confusion. Funny enough, the fraud department did say that ancestry or MFI ancestry was a reputable company generally so that would stomp out any horror stories I've heard. Three times in 3 years I have had to contact ancestry and each time the service was better than the time before.

Kudos to both ancestry and Mastercard.

I am soooooo happy..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy party party

-> General Discussion Groups