Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation Help
-> Translations

#1: Translation of Birth Acts Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:33 am
    ----
I received these two records from a poster to my email. She needs help translating them. Any takers?

#2: Re: Translation of Birth Acts Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:50 pm
    ----
Nuccia, these are 5-6 baptism records. I suspect that your interest is on the 2 related to Sapienza? Is that correct?

#3: Re: Translation of Birth Acts Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:53 pm
    ----
Yes Livio! I didn't even notice, I just posted them as is.

Sorry about that! Embarassed

#4: Re: Translation of Birth Acts Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:39 pm
    ----
Rosa Sapienza, baptized on April 16, 1887, daughter of Lucia Di Stefano and Giuseppe [Sapienza], born on April 10th, godmother was Maria Baccelli.
As a side note, on the left, it says that on January 28, 1912 Rosa married Francesco Venasco, son of Vito and Grazia Leone, coming from S. Pietro Patti.

Salvatore Sapienza, baptized February 19, 1888, son of Santa Valenti and Angelo [Sapienza], born on February 18 [the word here is heri=yesterday], godfather was Francesco Domenico Nicoloso.

#5: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:28 pm
    ----
Hi all,

One of the posters from the IG site has asked me to help her with her translations. I told her about Gente and gave her the site address. She has asked me to post the documents for her

img90.imageshack.us/im...001mo2.jpg

img90.imageshack.us/im...002vs7.jpg

The last image is a pdf file that she sent me and I'm not sure how to post it to the forum. I just tried adding it as an attachment, we'll see if it works. The surname she is interested in is Sapienza.

I believe Nuccia had posted another document a few days ago.

Thanks in advance for any help. kiss

#6: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:14 pm
    ----
Lets try this for the pdf file.

#7: Re: Translation Help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:14 am
    ----
Billie, all 3 pictures are too small. I hardly read the printed parts.
And which of the entries need to be deciphered and translated. I suppose that Sapienza is the surname....

#8: Re: Translation Help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:53 am
    ----
Billie,
If you have a bigger scan, email it to me and I can upload it to one of my websites full size. I will be at the FHC for a few hours but will upload it when I return.

#9: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:18 pm
    ----
Ok I'm sending now Cathy.

Edit to add comment..............I just sent what I have and I have to leave for a while. I'll check back to see if you got them.

Livio and Cathy - thanks so much for all your help. kiss

Billie

#10: Re: Translation Help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:48 pm
    ----
I tried to clean up the images a little to make them easier to view. Here are the links to the full size documents:

www.calabriangenealogy...MRita1.jpg

www.calabriangenealogy...Mrita2.jpg

www.calabriangenealogy...ta0001.jpg

www.calabriangenealogy...a20002.jpg

www.calabriangenealogy...pienza.JPG

edited to add: Is this in Latin?

#11: Re: Translation Help Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:07 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Is this in Latin?

The boilerplate copy is Ecclesiastical aka Church Latin.

edited to add--it appears that the handwritten copy is also in Latin.

Biff

#12: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:59 pm
    ----
Cathy and Biff, yes it's in Latin. These documents are from the same person that Nuccia posted for before and Livio translated. Yes Livio Sapienza is the surname. Tiger is the newest member to the forum so I'd like to give a shout out and say hello and welcome to the forum.

Cathy, thanks so much for cleaning them up and posting.

Billie

#13: Re: Translation Help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:14 pm
    ----
Hey Billie and Rita (aka Tiger) and all!. Sorry its taken me so long to get around to saying Hello and welcome but I've been running around trying to finish a few things up that I haven't gotten around to doing over the last month.

Meanwhile, I see you're in great hands here. Thank you all for helping out. I really appreciate it. kiss

#14: Re: Translation Help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:28 pm
    ----
Oh, I did not realize they were for a new member! Embarassed Sorry about that. Welcome Tiger! Sorry I didn't wish you a warm welcome earlier. I would think Jim may be able to take a stab at these too. He has tons of church documents on his website that he transcribed for Carini, Sicily.

#15: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:37 pm
    ----
Great!! Any help is always welcome...........jump in Jim!!! kiss

-> Translations