Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation Help
-> Translations

#31: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:31 am
    ----
sorry I got off track. Sad

Last edited by Tiger965 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

#32: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:02 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:

Giuseppe DiStefano
Born 1887 Registered on July 25th but born July 24th
Luciano DiStefano – age 30 - (occupation ?) living in Belpasso
Saicto (could be Santa or Santo) Schillari – wife of Luciano
img49.imageshack.us/im...lipzy1.jpgThis picure refers to Giuseppe Sapienza

Here is the correct image for Giuseppi DiStefano
img252.imageshack.us/i...liptj4.jpg

Thanks so much for looking everything over and correcting Livio. kiss
They are a bit tough to read! I really appreciate all the time and effort and I know our new member appreciates all the help she's getting here at Gente. Very Happy

Billie

#33: Re: Translation Help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:47 pm
    ----
Giuseppe Distefano
Born 1887 Registered on July 25th but born July 24th
Luciano DiStefano – age 30 - carpenter living in Belpasso
Santa Schillari – wife of Luciano

img252.imageshack.us/i...liptj4.jpg

#34: Re: Translation Help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:52 am
    ----
I got a message from my expert friend, Luca, and he says that

Giuseppe Sapienza's occupation could be fisherman.

The wife of Luciano Distefano should be Santa Schillaci

#35: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:25 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
I got a message from my expert friend, Luca, and he says that

Giuseppe Sapienza's occupation could be fisherman.

The wife of Luciano Distefano should be Santa Schillaci

Thank you Livio. And please thank Luca for his help too.

#36: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:41 pm
    ----
Here is the first marriage document that Rita has asked to post. This is what I have come up with if anyone sees changes to be made, please do so.

Marriage Document
1875 January 28th
Giuseppi Sapienza – age 40 – farmer?
Born in Massanunziata? – living in Belpasso
Son of the deceased Michelangelo Sapienza who lived in Massanunziata? all his life and the deceased Carmela Cossieli ? who lived in Massanunziata? all her life

Lucia Proietta – age 23 – farmer
Born in Belpasso – living in Belpasso
Daughter of the deceased Ignazio Proietta who lived in Belpasso all his life and the deceased Domenica DiStefano who lived in Belpasso all her life

Witnesses to marriage
Nunzio Paladino – age 46 – (occupation ?)
Giovanni Tiorentino – age 33 – (furniture maker ?)

img166.imageshack.us/i...sapos7.jpg

I did not see a prior marriage for Giuseppi noted on this document or an indication of a deceased spouse (with her name).

Can one of our experts please take a look to back check what I've come up with. Also if you can give an opinion...........I believe this Giuseppi and Lucia are the parents listed for a child on one of the birth acts posted earlier.

Thanks in advance for help kiss

#37: Re: Translation Help Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:05 pm
    ----
Hi Elizabeth!!! Very Happy
and thank for your welcome....

It's ok!
this is the translation I sent to Rita....

In the year 1875 day 28 month January at the time 11.55 a.m. in the Comune's hall of Belpasso, open to the public,
in front of me Luigi Dr. Caruso ...(description on his comune's position) are:

1. Sapienza Giuseppe, age 40, farmer, born in Massa annunziata, living in Belpasso, son of Michelangelo (fu = died at the time of this act), residing in Massa annunziata when he was alive, and of Carmela Consoli (died) residing in Massa annunziata during her life
2. Proietta Lucia, age 23, farmer, born in Belpasso, living in Belpasso, daughter of Ignazio (died) living in Belpasso when he was alive, and of Domenica Di Stefano (died) , living in Belpasso when she was alive

etc.....

Hope this helps!
Laura

#38: Re: Translation Help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:34 pm
    ----
I've read the Marriage document thoroughly and I'm 99% certain.

1875 January 28th
Giuseppe Sapienza – age 40 – farmer
Born in Massannunziata – living in Belpasso
Son of the deceased Michelangelo Sapienza who lived in Massanunziata? all his life and the deceased Carmela Consoli who lived in Massannunziata all her life

Lucia Proietto – age 23 – farmer
Born in Belpasso – living in Belpasso
Daughter of the deceased Ignazio Proietto who lived in Belpasso all his life and the deceased Domenica Distefano who lived in Belpasso all her life

Witnesses to marriage
Nunzio Paladino – age 46 – shoemaker
Giovanni Fiorentino – age 33 – clerk [impiegato]

img166.imageshack.us/i...sapos7.jpg

The surname Consoli still exists in the town Mascalucia (Massa annunziata is a hamlet of Mascalucia), there are 70+ occurrences. And Proietto is a surname in Belpasso.

Lucia Proietto and Giuseppe Sapienza seem to be the parents of Francesco Sapienza http://www.calabriangenealogy.googlepages.com/MRita1.jpg
and Anna Sapienza http://www.calabriangenealogy.googlepages.com/Mrita2.jpg

Tiger965 wrote:
A question....Who is " Lucia Pracetto " in Francesco Sapienza's baptismal? I know this is my Great Grandfather but his mother's name should be Lucia DiStefano. The same with Anna Sapienza. Please explain. ~ Rita

The correct name is Lucia Proietto and her mother is Domenica Distefano.

#39: Re: Translation Help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:38 pm
    ----
Laura, you type faster than me!

#40: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:00 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:

Lucia Proietto and Giuseppe Sapienza seem to be the parents of Francesco Sapienza http://www.calabriangenealogy.googlepages.com/MRita1.jpg
and Anna Sapienza http://www.calabriangenealogy.googlepages.com/Mrita2.jpg

Thank you Laura and Livio kiss

So now we have the real parents of Francesco and Anna. Maybe Giuseppe was married 3 times then, and not 2 like Rita thought?

#41: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:11 am
    ----
Very Happy My cousin told me that Lucia Proietto mother's maiden name is Distefano (same woman) so she may have used her father's last name~"Proietto" instead of Distefano like her other children(Alfio,Rose,~so far). I still need to find more of their childrens baptismals and I appreciate everyones help on translating these documents. Thank you! kiss kiss kiss ~Rita

Last edited by Tiger965 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

#42: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:51 pm
    ----
Thank you so much for All of your help

Last edited by Tiger965 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

#43: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:43 pm
    ----
Marriage Document
1875 January 28th
Son of the deceased Michelangelo Sapienza who lived in Massanunziata? all his life and the deceased Carmela Cossieli ? who lived in Massanunziata? all her life
Could anyone tell me where Massanunziata is in Sicily? Maybe I can find information in that town about Giuseppe Sapienza to help me with his 1st marriage. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. ~ Rita

#44: Re: Translation Help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:12 am
    ----
Tiger965 wrote:
Marriage Document
1875 January 28th
Could anyone tell me where Massanunziata is in Sicily? Maybe I can find information in that town about Giuseppe Sapienza to help me with his 1st marriage. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. ~ Rita

Rita, if you scroll back a few posts, in this topic, you will see that on Thu Jan 17, 2008, I wrote: The surname Consoli (and Consoli is the surname of Carmela, the mother of Giuseppe Sapienza) still exists in the town Mascalucia (Massa annunziata is a hamlet of Mascalucia), there are 70+ occurrences.

#45: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:24 am
    ----
Agata Sapienza – Civil birth act
Date registered – 1890 – 23 – April
Comune – Belpasso
Person registering the birth - Lucia Distefano
Age - ?
Occupation - ? midwife maybe
Living in – Belpasso
Actual day of birth – 1890 - 22 or 23 ? – April
Mother – Lucia Distefano wife of Giuseppe Sapienza living in said commune
Babies name – Agata
img201.imageshack.us/i...nzacv2.jpg

Salvatore Sapienza – Civil birth act
Date registered – 1891 – 28 - December
Comune – Belpasso
Person registering the birth - Giuseppe Sapienza
Age - 54
Occupation - countryman
Living in – Belpasso
Actual day of birth – 1891 – 24 - December
Mother – Lucia Distefano wife of Giuseppe Sapienza
Babies name – Salvatore
Notation on left side includes Agata Sapienza’s name but I don’t understand
img201.imageshack.us/i...apiun0.jpg

Can someone please check my work. I'm sure I have the date the baby was registered correct, but please check the actual date the baby was born. Also the ages.

Thanks in advance.

kiss

-> Translations