Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Some suggestions please...
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:52 pm
    ----
On Cariniexchange under the link resources, extracts, 1882-1904. It brings up an excel spreadsheet. If you go to "find" on the excel menu and type in barbara, then keep hitting next........it will find every case of that word in the document.

Billie

#17: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:04 pm
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
On Cariniexchange under the link resources, extracts, 1882-1904. It brings up an excel spreadsheet. If you go to "find" on the excel menu and type in barbara, then keep hitting next........it will find every case of that word in the document.

Billie

oh ok, you got it from my website. I was thinking that info was on the web somewhere, and was exited! Did you know that I have the actual images up for every entry in that Excel database? My cousin Angelina has extracted most of the records, she is really amazing.

#18: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:23 pm
    ----
Yes, I've looked at your site and it's amazing! You've done alot of work.........you should be very proud! I hope some day, when I get mine up and running, that it's half as good as yours (I'd be thrilled)!

#19: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:25 pm
    ----
Billie..when you're ready, let us know. We would love to give you a hand. Lots of experience at setting up websites on this forum...right guys?

And, James...we can only hope to get to your level!

#20: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:26 pm
    ----
Jim has set the bar pretty high, hasn't he? His site was what inspired me to do my grandfather's town. He made it look much easier than it is.

#21: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Jim has set the bar pretty high, hasn't he? His site was what inspired me to do my grandfather's town. He made it look much easier than it is.

and you have done an amazing job, Celenza Heritage (to mention one) is a fantastic site, I get really exited when I see a site like yours. I don't think there are enough websites dedicated to Italian towns on the internet.

Great job, and I mean that!!

kiss

#22: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:34 am
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
Yes, I've looked at your site and it's amazing! You've done alot of work.........you should be very proud! I hope some day, when I get mine up and running, that it's half as good as yours (I'd be thrilled)!

Thank You so much! I've worked hard, but so have a lot of my family and friends. I can't wait to see your site when it's ready, I'm sure it will be incredible.

Jim

#23: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:00 am
    ----
I'm far from ready for my site but looking at everyone elses sites have given me some really good ideas.

Thank you Nuccia and Jim. kiss

#24: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:11 am
    ----
I have no doubts, it is GIO BARBERA

#25: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:44 am
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:

and you have done an amazing job, Celenza Heritage (to mention one) is a fantastic site, I get really exited when I see a site like yours. I don't think there are enough websites dedicated to Italian towns on the internet.

Great job, and I mean that!!

kiss
I agree, Poipu's site is great. She has done an excellent job. The new site looks much better than her old Googlepages. She has come a long way. I really enjoyed her Christmas pages. It was one of the few Christmas tradition pages on the internet - the only other ones I could find were cooking sites. I love the new look on her new domain.
Now, back to identity of the ladies in your picture. Nuccia told me once ( Shocked I thnk?) that Steve Morris has a form to search census records on Ancestry by address. Since we don't have access, perhaps someone with access can search for the address on the 1930 census?

#26: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:48 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Nuccia told me once ( Shocked I thnk?) that Steve Morris has a form to search census records on Ancestry by address. Since we don't have access, perhaps someone with access can search for the address on the 1930 census?

How cool! I will have to wait until I can afford to join.

Crying or Very sad

#27: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:14 am
    ----
Here's an early 1900's street map. 51st is below central park. I don't know if this helps at all.
www.bklyn-genealogy-in....1911.html

These are links to early 1900's through 1960 maps of NY etc. Alot of good information when searching for old addresses and locations
www.bklyn-genealogy-in....Main.html

I don't know if either of these will help you Jim, but nice for reference and they're FREE (that's for me!!!)

#28: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:00 pm
    ----
James, this is pretty weird.....
I have a friend that lives on that same block. Yes, the address is 442 51st street in Brooklyn.

Would you like for me to ask her to take a picture of the building? I think she would definitely do it. She's a friend I used to work with.

From what you see in the picture, the neighborhood hasn't changed much. It's a predominately Spanish neighborhood and has been for years. But now there are a lot of business people moving in and redoing the brownstones and the nieghborhood is changing.

#29: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:20 pm
    ----
Shocked Gina.........you're right............that really is weird to have the same address as the one on the picture!!

Kinda spooky but very cool too!!

#30: Re: Some suggestions please... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:51 pm
    ----
Gina501 wrote:
James, this is pretty weird.....
I have a friend that lives on that same block. Yes, the address is 442 51st street in Brooklyn.

Would you like for me to ask her to take a picture of the building? I think she would definitely do it. She's a friend I used to work with.

From what you see in the picture, the neighborhood hasn't changed much. It's a predominately Spanish neighborhood and has been for years. But now there are a lot of business people moving in and redoing the brownstones and the nieghborhood is changing.

That is incredible!! It would be great to have a picture of the house (even though I do not know who in my family lived there yet lol)

Thanks so much!

-> General Discussion Groups