Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Gente di Mare reunion in USA
-> General Discussion Groups

#31: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:43 am
    ----
The fall would be perfect for me.........that way it doesn't put a dent in my budget for Italy..........and of course Riccardo.....we will meet in Talamello,
hopefully Carole and Suanj can come to.......I thought to stay in Novafeltria or Rimini.....prefer Rimini as it is right next to the sea with a beautiful view to wake up to each morning......
I have been trying to do this for two years, but "life" always happens........this time, "life" can take a backseat.......it's my turn to do something for me!!

If we could hit one of the festivals or one of the Italian neighborhoods that would be great.........I have never been to New York, so anything we do would be new and exciting to me!!! Come to think of it.......I've never been out East at all..... Smile

Lee

#32: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:57 am
    ----
Rimini would be wonderfully reminiscent for me...I could go back to the Bel Mare hotel where I met Bruno for the first time! But that is a personal choice as it's not on the 'lungo mare' (the sea front) but in a little side road just off the coast road....

#33: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:09 am
    ----
Then the trip would be very special to you to Carole......I have family in Rimini, Novafeltria and Talamello.......I have looked at pictures and read everything I can on the history of the area.......I can't wait to get there!!!
Since you have been to Rimini, you can show me all the special places...
and food!!! I want to eat lots of wonderful dishes!!!!

How did you and your Bruno meet in Rimini??
Lee

#34: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:11 am
    ----
Oh Lee..

Read Carole's blog or her Alpine Settler page which is better! Its so beautiful! Crying or Very sad

#35: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:31 am
    ----
Heading there right now..... Smile
Lee

#36: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:38 am
    ----
wldspirit wrote:
Heading there right now..... Smile
Lee

Alpine Settler Story

Thats the home page. The Nina story is on the second. Thsi site is still under construction though.... Still a bit amateurish I'm afraid!

Hope you enjoy it!

#37: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:13 am
    ----
I just finished reading thru your blog......superb!!!!

1. I want to move to Italy
2. My DREAM of redoing an old country home is NOT absurd!!!
3. Your Bruno was one h*ll of a man........he was so intent on having you he scaird off the competition......now that is romantic!!!!!!

Lee Very Happy

#38: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:20 am
    ----
wldspirit wrote:
I just finished reading thru your blog......superb!!!!

1. I want to move to Italy
2. My DREAM of redoing an old country home is NOT absurd!!!
3. Your Bruno was one h*ll of a man........he was so intent on having you he scaird off the competition......now that is romantic!!!!!!

Lee Very Happy

You can move to Italy also if you are qualified to apply for Italian citizenship, I guess you are.
Who was CUPI, dad or mom side?
let us know,
bye Riccardo Mr. Green

#39: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:34 am
    ----
I do qualify under the Cupi side, but not the Grifoni side.........however, I can not find my Nonno and Nonna's marriage record anywhere!!!!
Lee Confused

#40: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:40 am
    ----
wldspirit wrote:
I do qualify under the Cupi side, but not the Grifoni side.........however, I can not find my Nonno and Nonna's marriage record anywhere!!!!
Lee Confused

did they get married in italy or usa?
did you check on the census?
without the marriage record, the application is not complete
Good luck
if you need any help just ask
ciao Riccardo

#41: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:50 am
    ----
That is the question......where did they marry?????
On ships manifest, they list married.....but Suanj checked, no record for Talamello/Novafeltria........I do know that the Grifoni family was very much against Nonna marrying Nonno......they felt he was beneath her......so I thought perhaps they married here in Illinois, but I have checked all the counties they lived in and no marriage record.....it is very fustrating....... Mad
Lee

#42: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:19 am
    ----
wldspirit wrote:
That is the question......where did they marry?????
On ships manifest, they list married.....but Suanj checked, no record for Talamello/Novafeltria........I do know that the Grifoni family was very much against Nonna marrying Nonno......they felt he was beneath her......so I thought perhaps they married here in Illinois, but I have checked all the counties they lived in and no marriage record.....it is very fustrating....... Mad
Lee

You shown me the certificates you have that Raffaella provided you and if I remember well there is not annotions on their birth records.
Since there is not annotation, it doesn't mean that they were not married
When you come we go and check even if that guy don't let us do it, I talk with the mayor, it is your right to go and check
We will check in Talamello and in Novafeltria.
bye Riccardo Mr. Green

#43: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:43 am
    ----
I am jumping in really late on this. I was away for the weekend. Ellis Island sounds great. I have been there many times, but I live reasonably close. It has a special place in my heart, so I enjoy seeing it again and of course, seeing all of you!

#44: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:51 am
    ----
Me again! I don't know the particulars on how to do this, but if you come for Columbus Day in NYC, maybe you can march in the parade under a gentedimare.com banner! I marched with the Paduli Assoc. last year and will do it again this year. It was so much fun. I know Paduli got into the parade on short notice. I am not sure if there is a fee or how you get into it though. I am sure that they have a website.

#45: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:59 am
    ----
Poipu04 wrote:
Me again! I don't know the particulars on how to do this, but if you come for Columbus Day in NYC, maybe you can march in the parade under a gentedimare.com banner! I marched with the Paduli Assoc. last year and will do it again this year. It was so much fun. I know Paduli got into the parade on short notice. I am not sure if there is a fee or how you get into it though. I am sure that they have a website.

THAT WOULD BE COOL,



I WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT, IT IS A GREAT IDEA, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT, MY FRIENDS?
I HOPE YOU REPLY
CIAO FROM RICCARDO



-> General Discussion Groups

All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 7