Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:05 am
    ----
Hi all.

I found a free.......totally free software..........that takes great screen shots. I have never been able to take screen shots or perform capture screens before. I've tried and tried only to end up frustrated. neclord

I've finally found a free software that is extremely simple.

The name of it is ScreenHunter 5.0 Free and this is the link for the download ..............

www.wisdom-soft.com/do...dfiles.htm

You can go back to their site and get upgrades for free. I've been playing with it for about 30 minutes and I'm thrilled. Just wanted to share this, I know there are other people on the site that aren't able to take screen shots..............so enjoy. Very Happy

Billie

P.S. Cathy I know you haven't been able to take screen shots on your home computer either. Crying or Very sad give this a try and let me know what you think. kiss

#2: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:29 am
    ----
Thanks! I'll try it tonight. Although I wish I could have the software they use on my work computer! I don't know the name of the software but all you do is hit the "print screen" key, a window pops up and you have the option to print, copy or save as an image. So easy! And the images are high resolution. I love it! Although I do not see a "print screen" key on my laptop... Shocked

#3: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:13 am
    ----
Cathy,

Check on the top row where the F1 through F12 keys are..to the right of that. I have mine there. I click on mine, then open Pain and past and it appears. Prior to that, I didn't know how to use it find it seems to work. Then I save the image in the format I want and am able to post it.

Let me know if that works for you.

#4: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:10 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Cathy,

Check on the top row where the F1 through F12 keys are..to the right of that. I have mine there. I click on mine, then open Pain and past and it appears. Prior to that, I didn't know how to use it find it seems to work. Then I save the image in the format I want and am able to post it.

Nuccia, I tried what you suggested but it was a real Pain to open Pain, until I had the intuition that you meant Paint
peep lol lol lol

#5: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:29 pm
    ----
You better hide behind that couch Livio! Nuccia may whap you! hide

#6: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:31 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
nuccia wrote:
Cathy,

Nuccia, I tried what you suggested but it was a real Pain to open Pain, until I had the intuition that you meant Paint
peep lol lol lol

Way to go Livio.... Love it!!!

#7: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:13 pm
    ----
Believe it or not, now I am serious!

If you hit the print screen key you put in the clipboard an image of the entire desktop

and you may paste it in any graphic software such as Paint.

If you hit Alt+print screen you get an image of the active window only.

#8: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:22 pm
    ----
OMG..thats so funny!

I'm sorry..I really need a new keyboard. It keeps dropping my letters since the keys stick once I spilled coffee on it thanks to one of Carnies jokes. I tried cleaning it but it doesn't help! Embarassed hide

Forgive me???? kiss

*WHAPS EVERONE Including SELF*

Nice desktop though...............
party party lol lol lol lol

#9: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:39 pm
    ----
A few days ago I gave Cathy a Coffeeproof Keyboard, maybe you can borrow it.

#10: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:54 pm
    ----
I would love that keyboard for real! Seriously. When I get home tonight I will try your tips Livio - thanks! I did not know you were on Skype! How did you escape Nuccia and I on Skype?

#11: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:22 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:

If you hit Alt+print screen you get an image of the active window only.

If I hit Alt+Print I get the entire desktop...

#12: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:31 pm
    ----
goganga wrote:

If I hit Alt+Print I get the entire desktop...

That's very strange!
We should ask an MS guru such as Guglielmo Cancelli (aka Bill Gates) neclord

#13: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:33 pm
    ----
What a surprise! Simy has Dennis DeYoung as her backgound! Shocked

#14: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:25 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
That's very strange!
We should ask an MS guru such as Guglielmo Cancelli (aka Bill Gates) neclord

It is not necessary...
It's enough to click one time on the background image before hit Alt+Print. Wink

Cathy wrote:
What a surprise! Simy has Dennis DeYoung as her backgound! Shocked

And that one was the computer of my office... you ain't seen my home computer yet!

#15: Re: For Users Unable to Capture Screen or Take Screen Shots Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:20 pm
    ----
This is the awesome software we use at work! Try it Elizabeth!
www.webtree.ca/newlife...y_info.htm

-> PC Info and Guides