Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: New member from italy!
-> About Us

#1: New member from italy! Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:21 pm
    ----
Ciao a tutti....
Hi, all!
I'm Laura, I'm italian, living in the Liguria Region in North of Italy...
First of all I need to apologize with you about my english, I studied it at school many years ago so I'm not very able, so you have to be patient with me... Crying or Very sad
I discovered this forum thanks to Nuccia and the first impression I had is that people here are very friendly......
I began three years ago searching something about my grandfather who did emigrate to USA in 1913 and then returned to Italy in 1926...
I found his Ellis Island Manifest and thanks to the IG Forum his WWI draft Card.... No luck with his 1920 census...
Here in Italy Genealogy is not very common so I was very impressed to know how many people were researching their italian roots....
So I decided (with my little possibility and very little knowledges) to give help to people looking for their Italian ancestors.....
This is my hobby now.... I have a subscription to Ancestry.com and I enjoy so much doing researches!
I hope you can appreciate my help and that I could find here new friends!
Laura

#2: Re: New member from italy! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:32 pm
    ----
Benvenuta Laura!

#3: Re: New member from italy! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:36 pm
    ----
Welcome, Laura! You write English very well, so no apologies are needed!

#4: Re: New member from italy! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:44 pm
    ----
Hi Laura and welcome!!

#5: Re: New member from italy! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:47 pm
    ----
Welcome Laura. Glad you joined.

Biff

#6: Re: New member from italy! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:10 pm
    ----
Ciao e benvenuta Laura

Eviva l'Italia...

Voglio scommettere che lei parla l'Inglese meglio che tanti qui sul "Gente di Mare"parlano l'Italiano peep

Ma scherzando a parte - siamo cosi felice che ha deciso di diventare membro di "Gente". E chi sa - può darsi riesce a guidarmi quando cominciò le ricerche sulla mia famiglia Milanese, perché non so proprio dove cominciare qui in Italia!

#7: Re: New member from italy! Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:15 pm
    ----
Grazie!!! Very Happy
Che caloroso Benvenuto!!!

Thanks to all for welcomed me!
I'm sure that I'll learn much with you all!!!

Carole,
qui in Italia è molto piu' difficile fare ricerche ma quando vorrai io sono qui.... Ho ancora tantissimo da imparare ma credo fermamente nel "lavoro di Gruppo"...... Mr. Green

Laura

#8: Re: New member from italy! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:18 pm
    ----
Welcome Laura!!!

party

#9: Re: New member from italy! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:42 pm
    ----
Davvero, Carole! Non posso scrivere buon italiano Sad I hope one day that I can write Italian like Laura can write English.

#10: Re: New member from italy! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:55 pm
    ----
Welcome Laura! So glad you could join us!
party

#11: Re: New member from italy! Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 pm
    ----
So.... maybe sometimes we can write something in Italian so you can get accustomed to read....
It's not so difficult.... I'm growing up my english very much also tring to read it and to write it , I have a very beautiful dictionary on my side when I'm in front of my PC.... Wink

Just to be correct... I forgot to say that I'm Pink67 on the Italiangenealogy.com forum....
Elizabeth thank you remind me...

Laura

#12: Re: New member from italy! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:07 pm
    ----
I was hoping it was you !!!

party

#13: Re: New member from italy! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:24 pm
    ----
Hi Laura!

Glad to see you here and thank you for your kind words and offer to help our friends.

Enjoy! kiss

#14: Re: New member from italy! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:23 pm
    ----
Welcome to Gente, Laura
I'm sure you'll make lots of friends here, and get lots of laughs too.
Your English is very good.
God Bless
Emmy

#15: Re: New member from italy! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:25 pm
    ----
Hi Laura. I have seen your posts as Pink67 on the IG site. I am glad you are now here with us! Welcome!

-> About Us