Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Help translating document

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Help translating document
For help with translating documents or writing letters.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

Giovanni, born 12 november(?) 1840(?). Father Giorgio Mazzola, 28 farmer. Mother Domenica Benigno, 26. Baptized on the 14th of the same month and year.

tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

I appreciate the quick response Livio. I found two additional records which indicate that two other of my ancestors remarried later: Gaetano Mazzola son of Giorgio and Rosario Monte, who was my maternal grandmother's great grandfather. Unfortunately I clipped off the bottom of both documents when I was photographing them and will have to wait until Thurs when my local FHC opens again. However, this image of the partial record contains the grooms name which I believe to be Rosario Monte, although I am not certain if the given name is really "Rosario".

img376.imageshack.us/i/img2020.jpg/

Scribbling
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

liviomoreno wrote:
Giovanni, born 12 november(?) 1840. Father Giorgio Mazzola, 28 farmer. Mother Domenica Benigno, 26. Baptized on the 14th of the same month and year.

Maybe September.

L.
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

tjbrn wrote:
...I am not certain if the given name is really "Rosario".

img376.imageshack.us/i/img2020.jpg/

Me too.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

I am going tomorrow to get better images of that document and one other. Maybe additional information will make it clearer. Meanwhile I am waiting for the "Allegati" microfilms to arrive.

Scribbling
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

I took more photos of the marriage document for Rosario Monte.

Page 1
img86.imageshack.us/im...sario1.jpg

Page2
img391.imageshack.us/i...ario2.jpg/

Scribbling
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

Confused Maybe Rosario, but i'm not sure.

L.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

Are you able to read the other names/dates? I'm having difficulty with them. I'm not completely sure about "Rosario" but, maybe, his deceased wife's name is consistent.

Scribbling
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

Sorry, but i can't be sure on a few words:

1858, January 30th
Rosario(!) Monte, widow of the late Carmela Allotta(!), 31, born in Belmonte, farmer, living in Belmonte, son of the late Giuseppe and the late Angela Buonca...(!).

L.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

Thanks, Luca. I've exhausted the films that I have and I am waiting for more to arrive. I do have one more image that I found yesterday that I may post later.

The bride listed on the second page appears to be Francesca Buttacovoli(?) age 66 but I cannot make out the name of her deceased husband. Father the deceased Giuseppe and mother the deceased Gaetana(?) Scuderi. Rosario's age may be 71. This one was really difficult. I believe that I have reached the end of the line with Giuseppe and Angelica.

Also after reviewing the records I have more carefully, I believe that I have been following the wrong Gaetano Mazzola. The marriage record I have of Stefano Dragotto and Giuseppa Mazzola definitely names Gaetano Mazzola and Filippa Benigno as Giuseppa's parents. The Gaetano Mazzola I have been researching was Giorgio's son; however, I should have been researching Pietro Mazzola's son Gaetano--marriage and birth records I've found for Filippa Beningno correspond perfectly with this approach. I believe that Pietro and Giorgio were brothers and my research linking both to Gaetano Mazzola and Saveria Chinnici remains accurate. I think I am becoming an history detective!

Scribbling
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

tjbrn wrote:
Page2
img391.imageshack.us/i...ario2.jpg/

Confused Francesca Buttacavoli(???) widow of the late Stefano Xxxx, 61, born in Belmonte, living in Belmonte, daughter of the late Giuseppe and the late Giuliana(???) Scuderi
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

tjbrn wrote:
...Rosario's age may be 71...
Embarassed probabilmente si.

L.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

One new microfilm arrived at my FHC yesterday; unfortunately, all the others--Allegati-- were backordered! I did find a few interesting documents.

img18.imageshack.us/i/...zzola.jpg/

Scribbling
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

1823, May 6th
Groom: Pietro Mazzola, 25, born in Belmonte, farmer, son of Gaetano, 62, farmer, living in Belmonte, and Saveria Chinnici, 51.
Bride: Stefana Allotta, 16, born in Belmonte, daughter of Gaetano (age ?), farmer, living in Belmonte, and Caterina Co..ntino, 55.
The marriage was celebrated the following day.

L.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Help translating document Reply with quote

Thanks, Luca. Gaetano Allotta's age may be 65. The image I have is a little better than the one I posted to image shack. I found another Gaspare Dragotto, the son of the first Gaspare. This birth certificate is for Gaspare's son Ignazio which leads me to believe that the elder Gaspare's father was named Ignazio also. I can't make out Gaspare's wife's name.

img408.imageshack.us/i...gotto.jpg/

Scribbling
  Page 7 of 8All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: