Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › General Discussion Groups › March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US
Want to share something new or just have fun? You can do that here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

Here is the link: www.nbc.com/who-do-you...ndex.shtml

The show is called "Who do you think you are?" I believe it starts Friday, March 5th and traces the heritage of various celebrities. They actually filmed part of it in the court that I work in. Of course no one told me that they were filming so I missed all of the excitement.

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

Thanks Lori. I am looking forward to seeing it. Have you seen the new series called Faces of America? I am dying to hear what everyone thinks of it since I haven't snince it yet.

Calabria Exchange
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

I haven't seen that yet. Is that the one on PBS?

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

That's for posting Lori I'll make it a point to watch and Nuccia I haven't seen Faces of America either

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

Thanks Lori. I really wanted to watch that. I hope I can figure out how to tape it because it doesn't look like they will have the episodes available online.

lilbees
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

Hey all! "Faces of America" on PBS is great. I watched an episode last night. In this episode they did various flashbacks for different individuals tying what had been revealed before and newer revelations.

It takes a lot for me to miss one of my favorite shows but I have watched each episode. They have been fascinating, educational and very interesting. I am hoping when the series finished that they do replays like they have done on the Park series or the one on the Presidents.

lilbees

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

I also watched the Faces of America program on PBS last night and highly recommend it. What fascinated me most was the use and results of the DNA testing performed on the various featured people. Well worth everyone's time.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
lilbees
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

Hey Biff, how about the genome study done on Gates and his father? That was outstanding. They could tell you everything about those people.

lilbees

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

I missed Faces of America! Is it going to be on again or available online?

lilbees
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

Hi Cathy, this is an ongoing series. Not online. Check your local listings. My daughter watches it and she lives in Gurnee, IL. on channel 11 (PBS)

lilbees

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

lilbees wrote:
Hey Biff, how about the genome study done on Gates and his father? That was outstanding. They could tell you everything about those people.
lilbees

And how about the Muslim Turkish doctor who shared a common ancestor with the Jewish director? I'm fascinated at how the advances in the sciences validate a lot of the information in the Old Testament.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Emmy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

Quote::
"Who do you think you are?"
We have had that programme on our TV for quite some time now and its really worth watching. Some of the famous people taking part were in tears at some of the information they discovered about their ancestors.

There is also another programme running here at the moment I think it's named 'Fortune Hunters'. This prog. is about firms that look up information about people who have died without leaving a will and without any knowledge if that person has relatives who are still alive. They do lots of research re the ancestors of that person, when they find a relative then they get them to sign up and when all the information is gathered then the firm gets a percentage of the money paid to those relatives. If the firm hadnt done this work then the money left by the deceased would have gone to the 'Crown'.
It was really nice to see those people's reactions when they discovered they had relatives they hadn't known about and it came across that this was more important to them than the money they would be receiving.
Good viewing
Emmy

qnana
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

If you go to PBS.org you can find Faces of America and watch each of the episodes. I found the whole thing absolutely fascinating and watched 3 episodes again online. I only wish Gates would tell how he found what he found (besides traveling to China!!!)

qnana Very Happy
MikeSavoca91
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

I hope there will be a rerun on later tonight, I have work! I think it really looks great, and I can't wait to see it.

Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: March 5: genealogy series on NBC in US Reply with quote

Here is a link to an amusing article in the NY Times about the show: www.nytimes.com/2010/0...think.html

I like this quote: "Some of us may take the genealogical plunge expecting cool family stories like the ones the celebrities get, only to find that we’ve been ordinary and uninteresting since we were living in caves."

LOL, this seems to apply to my long paternal line of goat shepherds.

Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: