Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › Non-Italian Genealogy › Exciting reference!

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Exciting reference!
Looking for non-Italian records? Post your questions here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Non-Italian Genealogy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Exiting reference! Reply with quote

JamesBianco wrote:
Hey Billie, where do you see that? It says his wife was born in 1565, there is no marriage date listed.

Embarassed Embarassed dohhh Embarassed Embarassed I misread it Jim. I saw it said married to and her name and my eyes just went to the date....thought it was the date of marriage.

That's ok I'm going to leave my prior comment in.....it's good for a laugh Cool

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Exiting reference! Reply with quote

I love going through people's trees but I get a bit confused and I"m trying to learn. This part.....how do you go from Larchevesque to L'arrivee? I've seen similar things on other peoples trees and I'm not sure what it means or how they got from one person to the next. Thanks Jim and the tree is very interesting.

Francois Larchevesque born 15 feb 1733
married 19 feb 1753 Riviere-Des-Prairies, Quebec
Jean-Baptiste L'arrivee (1722-1772

Angelique Larrivee (1769-1819)

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Exiting reference! Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:
This part.....how do you go from Larchevesque to L'arrivee? I've seen similar things on other peoples trees and I'm not sure what it means or how they got from one person to the next.

Francois Larchevesque born 15 feb 1733
married 19 feb 1753 Riviere-Des-Prairies, Quebec
Jean-Baptiste L'arrivee (1722-1772

Angelique Larrivee (1769-1819)

It didn't change, it was Francoise (a woman) Larchevesque who married Jean-Baptiste L'arrivee and had Angelique Larrivee. You left out the ""e" lol
And yea I hear ya on the eyes moving RIGHT Over things, I research so much online that it happens to me quite often!

There is so much more to the ancestry of Anne-Helene Bardet. On her father's side they were VERY important officials, and also VERY active in the Protestant reformation. They were Calvinists, and they trace back with thorough primary source documentation into the 1200s. I never rely on anything published without source materials when I trace my ancestors. If I can't find an actual document (legal/civil/church) connecting a generation I won't add it to my database.

I love this stuff!

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Exiting reference! Reply with quote

Ok Francoise with an e....female...that makes sense. I've seen other peoples trees where they have a surname and it goes to the next generation and it's something different. I see this on peoples trees on ancestry and of course I can't ask them how the connection was made because they have no idea who I am..lol.

So far every one of your lines has been interesting and it's amazing that you have gotten so far back. I, on the other hand, am stuck on my mom's side in the late 1700's. As for my dads side...that's a whole 'nother story....lol. I don't know if I'll be able to get to the early 1800's with his unless I make a miracle breakthrough Sad

JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Exiting reference! Reply with quote

Can I help? Where were your dad's ancestors from? (I am pretty sure I heard you say your Mother was Italian and your dad something else)

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Exiting reference! Reply with quote

My dad was German. The story everyone was always told was that my grandfather had a half brother (who I met a few times) and a half sister I never met. I found census information that listed his father and mother and there were a bunch of children.....so I thought maybe they were from a first marriage of his father or possible that the children belonged to his mother from a first marriage so I looked for the previous census which listed his father and the same woman and the previous census the same thing!! So it's hard for me to believe that all the siblings weren't full blooded siblings.

I have census information from 1910 to 1870. Lists my ggg grandfather and his wife both from Prussia and he came here in 1857 (don't know if he was married at that time or not).

1910 census listing my grandfather, parents and siblings
1900 census listing my grandfathers parents and siblings
1870 census listing my grandfathers grandfather and grandmother and children

Dads line goes like this

My father - Harley Glenwood Schwartz b. 1927 d. 1999
My grandfather - Hardy Harley Schwartz b. 1908 d. 1971
My g grandfather - George H. Schwartz b. 1866
My gg grandfather - John Swartz b. abt. 1835 or 1836 came to the USA 1857

It appears that they came to Darlington Wisconsin, Lafayette county and remained there. I have not found ships manifests for John. The surname Schwartz on the different census has multiple spellings...........Schwartz, Swartz, Schwarz, Swarz and on and on and on....lol. Here are some notes that I made based on the census info I've found

John Swartz is the father of George H. Schwartz who is the father of my grandpa Hardy Harley Schwartz

John came to the usa in 1857. He was born 1835 or 1836....in 1900 census he was 65 years old. Looks like he fought in the
civil war and was a corporal when he got out. He fought for wisconsin ... infantry 3rd regiment company B.
He is listed as John J. Swartz went in as a private and out as a corporal. Fought at Harpers Fairy. See saved link.

1870 census info for John Swartz age 35 his wife is Anna age 26 so she was born around 1844 both born in Prussia all kids
born in wisconsin. Someone named Sarah Dorn lived with them also age 14 so born abt 1856 (who is she)

John and Anna's children
Elizabeth 1865
George (gggrandpa) 1866
John 1867
William 1869
Ed 1876
Annie 1879
Will 1881
Carrie 1885
Mena 1887

You now know what I know. It's been difficult because of the surname spellings. I'm thinking the best way to attack this when I start to really dig is to go to the Lafayette county courthouse and look for birth and marriage documents and possible naturalization info. Let me know what you think.

JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Exciting reference! Reply with quote

Billie, these Schwartz's are hard to track down!

You mean this isn't your John?

John G. Schwartz
Birth
o 19 Apr 1835
o Hessen Darmstadt, Germany

Death

o 24 Jun 1922 (Age: 87)
o Darlington, WI; Laf.Co., Wis. V.8, P.401

Burial

o 1922
o Avon Cem., (now Darlington, WI)

Marriage

o 08 Nov 1863 (Age: 28)
o Presbyterian Church, Shullsburg, Wis.

o Anna Wurm

Birth

+ 12 Apr 1845
+ in Zellerfeld, Hanover, Germany
Death

+ 30 May 1891
+ in Lafayette Co., WI, Vol. 2, Page 88)

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Exciting reference! Reply with quote

Could be them but I'm not sure. Where did you find all that information? I thought I was pretty good at digging up information but I see I must really suck!! lol

JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Exciting reference! Reply with quote

Oh I know you are good! You've helped me out a bunch of times Smile

It was a user submitted tree off Ancestry. This John and Anna (Wurm) Schwartz did have a son George H. born the same year as yours who married a Cora Moore and THEY had a son Harley Hardy Schwartz born in 1907 (same year as yours)

It just seemed way to much of a coincidence! Especially that they lived in Lafayette County, Wisconsin. I will look more when I get home tonight, it's hard here at work (they are watching! lol).

Cora Moore seems to have been Irish, daughter of Alexander Moore and Margaret Cullen from Ireland. Alexander Moore was a very wealthy farmer in Lafayette County from the census.

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Exciting reference! Reply with quote

I checked ancestry and didn't find anyone with John and Anna Wurm I'll have to check again and it would make sense that this is them. I checked the census information I have and Anna's father was living with them at one point and I couldn't make out the last name...looked like Worn, Wom etc.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction !!

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Exciting reference! Reply with quote

Ok Jim. Here is why I'm always skeptical of other peoples research. I just went to ancestry and found the various trees for John and Anna. I believe that some of the information is correct and quite a bit is sourced but they have sourced the wrong census info. 1880 all trees on ancestry have them in Milwaukee..........I have the actual census with the name spelled Swartz instead of Schwartz, living in Darlington and Anna's father George living with them. Based on her year of birth (which I still don't know is correct) I found a ships manifest listing Anna age 11 and her father being George....so I believe I have the correct fit. I'll have to do more digging and I'm still trying to figure out how the people on ancestry the date of marriage....if they have the document I wish they had scanned and linked it Sad

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Exciting reference! Reply with quote

Sorry so late...I have not been around. Very exciting discovery Jim you must be very excited and proud! Amazing that after hundreds of years you can still find that!
Billie, I know what you mean about the trees on Ancestry! I have found most trees with my various family members to be incorrect linking other (wrong) families.

Page 2 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Non-Italian Genealogy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: