looking for manifest of Sabato Pizzano changed to Pisano
Last post by DaveFerro in Southern Italy on Jul 19, 2017 at 21:29:46

Looking for Vincenzo Contrera
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Jul 10, 2017 at 23:36:16

Locating info on my Italian cousin's death in WWII
Last post by charliemis in Southern Italy on Jul 09, 2017 at 04:06:05

Napolitano - Falzarano, Airola
Last post by goldfreaz in Southern Italy on Jun 15, 2017 at 01:29:50

How do we preserve our Genealogical research for the future?
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Jun 14, 2017 at 23:36:52

Maria Perri
Last post by MikeBarbato in Southern Italy on Jun 14, 2017 at 16:57:18

Lanni Family Sant Elia FR
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on May 31, 2017 at 10:03:19

Vuozzo Surname
Last post by Biff83 in About Us on Apr 29, 2017 at 19:15:44

Translate Do(edited)ent
Last post by Italysearcher in Translations on Apr 17, 2017 at 16:08:33

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Cesario/Passerelli

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Cesario/Passerelli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaryFran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

I am looking for anyone with these names in their ancestry. My great grandfather was Francesco Cesario and My Great grandmother was Francesca Passerelli. Their name changed to Chesrow when they arrived to America.
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

Welcome to Gente MaryFran!!
I have those names in my family tree but not my direct lines. Where was your family from? Do you have all your U. S. Records?
Edited to add:
I just saw your other post about San Fili. Were they from San Fili? Do you have birth dates? Both Cesareo and Passaerelli are very common names in the area. Have you seen The Cosenza Archive ?

MaryFran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

Cathy, my great grandfathers father was Giovanni Cesario he married Anna Asta. My greatgrandmother's father Domenico Passarelli married Chiara Sammarco. I Just have information passed on from other relatives no formal documents. The Cesario's name was changed to Chesrow at Ellis Island because of the language difference.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

Hi Mary. Cathy has a site called Cosenza Exchange that has some birth indexes for San Fili. I just looked there for children of Domenico Passerelli and Chiara Sammarco and found the following:

Antonio Passerelli 1869 - lists both the father and mother - this is a correct child
Francesco Passerelli 1876 - only lists father - may or may not be correct child
Luigi Salvatore Passerelli 1876 - only lists father - may or may not be correct child
Maria Cristina Passerelli 1879 - only lists father - may or may not be correct child
Gennaro Passerelli 1880 - only lists father - may or may not be correct child

Aside from Antonio, do any of these other names fit your family as children of Domenico and Chiara? If so let me know and I will be happy to scan the documents and send to you. The documents you see on Cathy's site for San Fili came from microfilms that I have at my FHC. I'll be going next Wednesday so let me know before then. Also, if you know the birth year of Giovanni and Anna they might be on the indexes also.

Here is the link to Cathy's site so you can go there to view the indexes
www.cosenzaexchange.co...birth.html

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
dap47

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

Hi MaryFran,

I am a direct descendent of Anna Concetta Asta and have a fair bit of information for you about the Cesario family including the names of living descendents in the Chicago area as well as many who now reside in the Toronto area. Anna married Giovanni in 1857 and had 4 children before Giovanni died at a relatively young age in 1862. Anna married Saverio Giraldi in 1863. Many of the Cesario family were clustered around the village of Nogiano which is about mid-way between the Towns of San Fili and Rende. I was born near there so I'm quite familiar with the area. You can email me at dap47 @ live.ca to hear the rest of the story
tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

Hi Mary/Fran my grandfather and grand mother were from San Fili my granfather Antonio Passarelli was married to a Giovannina Onofrio. They emigrtated to New Rochelle NY I remember my parents talking of a cousin? named Cesario who had a Restuarant in New Rochelle, some other ancestors surnames were Chianelli, Amendola and Curto. Alot of my info came from the LDS center and the Portale della storia delgi Italiani web site
MaryFran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

tteti, I don't know of any relatives that had a restaurant there, but my grandmother did have cousins name Chianelli. I think they are from Williamsport Penn. Also the name Blasi I remember, The Cesario's here in Chicago changed their name to Chesrow.
tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

I guess that there were alot of people from that town that emigrated to various parts of the USA, I know that my grandfather Antonio Passarelli had siter who married a man named Guido and moved to the Chicago area
gpclan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

I see that this is an old posting, but my husband and I recently started researching. I found this website and this post I believe pertains to his family. We found some typed notes from his mother and it says that my husbands Great grandfather, Michele Domenico Passarelli (note this is the correct spelling of the last name Passarelli) had a sister (she did not mention her name) and she married Francesco Chesario/Cesario who had a son named Francesco and the named was changed to Chesrow when he came to the US. Frank Chesrow (Jr.) was President of the Metropolitan Sanitary District of Cook County, Illinois. I remember my mother in law speaking of the Chesrow's from time to time saying they were related.

She noted also that the family consisted of 4 brothers and 1 sister- Eugene, Albert, David, Jenny and Frank (your great grandfather)

Please contact us if any of this information seems familiar. If so, we would love to share notes with you.
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Cesario/Passerelli Reply with quote

I just found this and thought it would be of interest. In the 1970's there was an Italian's in Chicago project. Part of this project was taped interviews with immigrants from Italy and their children and a collection of photographs. Frank Chesrow was one of the participants. This is what is in the collection from him:

Donation Information - Chesrow, Frank (213.1-213.41), 1927-1966
"The Sentinel" Magazine - Chesrow, Frank (213.9), 1964
Magazines, Art Catalogues, Dinner Program - Chesrow, Frank (213.10-
213.33), 193-1965
Photographs - Chesrow, Frank (213.4-213.28), 1940-1965
Photographs - Chesrow, Frank (213.29-213.41), 1950-1960
Donation

Also in the collection are Passarelli's. The collections is housed at the University of Illinois in Chicago and can be viewed by appointment.

Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: