Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › General Discussion Groups › Off On Holiday

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Off On Holiday
Want to share something new or just have fun? You can do that here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emmy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

Just to let you know I wont be posting now until the beginning of July. My daughter arrives tomorrow so we will be going out visiting and no doubt spending money Smile Smile then I go back with her to France on Friday.This is where I'll be staying, at Les Crouquets in the Dordogne relaxing in the sun - I hope!

Just hope the pool is like this with no one around when I dive in wearing my new bathing costume (just hope it doesnt shrink /or I dont drown when I hit the water! )8O Wink Wink Wink
Be back posting soon
Meantime I hope you all keep well
Love
God Bless
Emmy xx

Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

Thats just beautiful. Have a good time.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

Have a wonderful time and enjoy your family. We'll still be here when you get back (or if we win the lottery we may just meet you in France). The place looks gorgeous!

Calabria Exchange
Emmy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

I'm back and I had a wonderful time with the family and had good weather all the time too.
We decided to travel to the airport by bus instead of the train. My next door neighbour took us, luggage etc in his car to the bus stop, only about 5/10 minutes walk for an ordinary person (need I say more re how long it would have taken ME to walk there?) The bus driver too was helpful and put my suitcase, our hand luggage and my walker in the hold at the side of the bus, so far everything was going smoothly until the bus was going round a busy roundabout this is when a passenger sitting a few seats in front of us shouted out.'It's Open, It's Open!!' We looked out of the window of the bus and there was ALL our luggage flying out of the hold onto the road Shocked Shocked Shocked . The driver had to go on a bit further before he could stop and then he went out with my daughter and another passenger to retrieve the luggage. It was really a miracle that it hadnt caused a serious accident. The luggage was put back in the hold and at the next stop the bus changed drivers and then we went on to the next stop where we had to change buses to get to the airport. When we removed our luggage we discovered my suitcase was burst down one side and the bag on my walker was torn and my daughters hand luggage case was damaged too.
Before we got on the other bus we asked one of the officials at the bus station if he had any strong sticky tape to put around my case. Answer was no. Then he asked what had happened it seems the driver should have given us a written report of what had happened his name number etc but everything happened so quickly we didnt think about that. he said we should also examine the contents of the case to find out if anything else was damaged but we didnt have time to do that so he gave us an address to write to. When we got to my daughter's house in France she phoned her sister and now my other daughter is dealing with the problem. (We did get a kind person at one of the check in desks at the airport to wrap sticky tape around my case and I was allowed to put it in the special check in with my walker so it didnt go down the shute)
It has turned out the driver hadnt reported the incident! Rolling Eyes
My daughter's really annoyed. Not just because she was told it had nothing to do with the bus service it would be their insurance company she would have to deal with. She is going to write again because she thinks they should check the lock on that bus to make sure it doesnt happen again, I said I didnt want to get the driver into any trouble but she doesnt agree with me she said how would I have felt if it had caused a serious accident and someone had lost their life - which could easily have happened given the circumstances where this happened, so I'm leaving it to her now to deal with it. So my shopping trip in France was to look for a suitcase that wasnt too heavy Rolling Eyes That was the last thing I wanted to do on my holiday!!
I was told to keep all the receipts and the bus tickets it seems they can trace the driver from the ticket.
My daughter who lives here has tried for a long time to get me to go by bus to the airport because its so easy and you're dropped off at the airport terminal and pensioners travel free.
When she first heard what had happened her first words were, "Well that's finished it, now Mum will never go by bus again
Rolling Eyes "
She's in for a surprise I think I would do it again if there was someone going with me, On my own Wink I doubt it!!
Emmy

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

As always emmy..you have so many "adventures" lol

Welcome back. We missed you!

Seriously, I'm glad you're ok and that no one was hurt. Let us know how it turns at.

Calabria Exchange
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

Wow, what a story. That guy is lucky nobody got hurt. Maybe he didnt report it because he could lose his job..or maybe he didnt close the thing properly and thats why it opened.

I hope the rest of your visit was exciting..but not THAT exciting...lol
Emmy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

I'm really glad too, it didnt cause a nasty accident better a case being damaged rather than another human being.
I had a great time with the family and I even got into the pool -- getting back out was a different matter though Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes (I should add I tried that before the guests arrived Wink Wink Wink Shocked Shocked Shocked didnt want them turning around and going back home- they may have thought the Loch Ness Monster had got into the pool Wink Wink )
Had a great time with the grandchildren too and the animals. It seems somewhere along the line I've promised my grandson I'll go back in October Confused Confused but I'm getting into bother because I dont stay long enough Rolling Eyes
It made an enormous difference getting a direct flight this time. I usually have to changed planes at Stansted airport in London. This time I flew to Limoges instead of Bergerac. So next time, if I go, I'll try to do that again.

This is me with my granddaughter's rabbit makes me want to get some more of my own here but I've been warned not to.
Emmy

Emmy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

I have finally got around to checking my camera which was in my hand luggage when the bag flew out of the bus! I downloaded the few photographs I had taken, (While in France my daughter took the majority of pictures with her camera then emailed them to me)
Then I checked all the other features on the camera and some are not working now but the worrying thing was the camera became very hot so my son advised me to remove the 'card' from the camera in case it got damaged.
I'm going to get him to check it for me when he comes up to visit today (he has the same type of camera)
Just hope he can fix it!
Emmy

Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

I just recently got a camera. I bought a little case for it and carry it in my purse. I dont think I would ever pack it. If he has the same camera, maybe he will be able to tell whats wrong with yours.

Gee..that little bunny looks nothing like a chihuhua..lol My 2 year old granddaughter, thinks that my other daughters teacup chihuahua is a bunny. We get so hysterical laughing, because the kid KNOWS what dogs look like and they have a bunny, so she knows those. I dont know why she thinks this tiny dog is a bunny, but she insists thats what it is.
Emmy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Off On Holiday Reply with quote

Good News my son managed to fix my camera today please dont ask me what had happened to it. Listening to what he was saying was like a foreign language to me Embarassed
The breed of my granddaughter's rabbit is known as a 'lion-head' when she first had it it had a lovely mane ,probably why the breed got that name, but she kept brushing it and poor wee thing had his mane thinned out quite a bit.
He's a lovely wee thing and very tame.
Children are funny Wink Wink when they get an idea into their head even if they know they are wrong they wont admit to it- but if it keeps them happy that's the main thing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Emmy

Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: