Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › General Discussion Groups › This has been asked a million times but . . .

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
This has been asked a million times but . . .
Want to share something new or just have fun? You can do that here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

As promised, here is the second page of the Marriage Certificate for you.

Marriage Act - Page 2

Old documents of their births and all the other documents were presented in justification and find themselves attached to the Register of the publications.
From the documents that they presented to me verifying that the publications were carried out in a regular manner and there having passed the three successive days from that of the last publication and no opposition having been made regarding the said marriage. I have read aloud to the marriage couple the Articles One Hundred and Thirty, One Hundred and Thirty One and One Hundred and Thirty Two from the Civil Code following which the marriage couple personally declared to me one after the other in the presence of the above named witnesses that they each wanted respectively to become husband and wife following which I pronounced in the name of the law that they were united in marriage.
The Certificates of Publication bearing my endorsement have been entered into the volume with the all the other documents taken from the Register of the Publications.
I read this present act aloud to the married couple and to the above named witnesses. They all signed together with me with the exception of the bride and groom who declared they did not know how to write.

Fortunato Arcuri Witness
Carmine Sposato Witness

State Civil Registrar
Angelo Bonaccio

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Carole,
Once again, thanks bunches. I owe you big time. kiss

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Biff83 wrote:
Carole,
Once again, thanks bunches. I owe you big time. kiss

Biff

Prego - di niente. Embarassed
Il piacere era tutta mia!

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Good Fortune Continues!!

In this afternoon's mail, I received the Atti di Nascita and Atto di Martimonio for my maternal grandparents from San Marco in Lamis in Foggia which answered a number of questions. I now know my maternal great grandmothers' maiden names, my grandmother's birth date, and my grandparents' marriage date. Riccardo's suggestion to request integral copies of marriage and birth acts has yielded some wonderful information which is not on the extracts--the address where the birth took place, witnesses, occupations, and other goodies.

My wife is catching a little of the genealogy bug and we're going to request the Atti di Nascita for her paternal and maternal grandparents from Acri and Bronte. I hope the ufficaili in those towns are as cooperative and helpful as those in San Marco, Feroleto Antico and San Mango.

It's really neat that I've gotten all this new vital information to add. Isabelle's family tree is filling out. Speaking of Isabelle, she's now officially two days late, going on three. She was supposed to arrive on the 25th of August. Needless to say, our daughter is really, really, really uncomfortable now and can't wait for the baby's birth. I'll keep you all posted.

Baci ed Abbracci,
Biff

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Oh Biff..thats wonderful..on all counts!

You just make sure to keep us posted on everything. We're all here for you. kiss

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

party party Biff, that's wonderful news! I am so happy for you. You had no luck at all and now things are just pouring in for you. If you need help uploading those documents give me a shout! I would be more than happy to upload them for you again.
Acri in Cosenza? That's not far from my grandfather's town! I'm glad your wife caught the bug - does this mean you will be fighting over the computer? Confused lol
Keep us posted on the baby.

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Cathy,
I am going to need help posting the documents. They're too large for imageshack. I'll email them to you shortly.

Thanks,
Biff

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

I got them Biff but I promised my daughter I would take her to see Harry Potter..I have been promising her for weeks Embarassed We'll miss the show if I post now so I am afraid I cannot do it until later tonight. But I will post them here tonight. Sorry. Embarassed

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Cathy,
Nothing to be sorry about. Family always come first. I hope you both enjoy the show.

A presto.
Biff

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Enjoy Cathy..I am dying to go see it too. My kids went on opening day..

Let me know if you need any help Cathy or Biff..I'm here too.

Calabria Exchange
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Something else came in the mail this weekend from one of the Epifanos to whom I sent letters a bit ago. It was from Giovanna Epifano, 77 years old and the daughter of Geniale Epifano who was a cousin to my grandfather's brother Angelo's children which would mean he was also a cousin to my father. That's another challenge--trying to determine the connection between the Epifanos still in San Mango and my family. It seems like every new answer I find raises two new questions, but that's the joy of it all.

Biff

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Biff,
It's a real shame the LDS does not have San Mango's records past 1860. You would love what you would find! Must be a Catanzaro Province thing - my grandmother's comune of Cortale in Catanzaro has the same problem. Crying or Very sad I am not sure if you want these translated Confused I know you know some Italian and these records are very easy to read - clear copies and very good handwriting so I will post the links here and if you want it translated just copy and paste over to the translation board or reply here and PM one of the Italian speakers. I can fill in the blanks but I have a couple of meetings tomorrow so I may not get to it until lunch. Let me know when you get Skype Biff - you have to do genealogy pages so your family abroad can see too. And it is a great excuse to obtain pictures they may have. Goodpages are so simple - all you do is type basically. I can walk you through it on Skype! OK here are the links:

CLICK HERE – LUIGI TARDIO BIRTH ACT
CLICK HERE – TARDIO-DEL GIUDICE MARRIAGE ACT
CLICK HERE – V DEL GIUDICE BIRTH ACT

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

So Biff, did these documents tell you anything new?

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Cathy,
Thanks for posting the links.

Although I can't do a verbatim translation, I did find out some great information from the documents.
Great grandmothers' maiden names--Rosa Vincitorio and Maria Lucia Potenza.
Grandmother's birth date--14 Mar 1889.
Marriage date of my grandparents--10 Feb 1910.
Occupation of my great grandfathers: Giovanni Battista Del Giudice--calzolaio (shoemaker) and Giuseppe Tardio--contadino (farmer)
Street where my grandparents were born--Via Orto Santa Chiara.
Witnesses to their marriage--Vincenzo Iannacone an inserviente (servant?) and Giovanni Potenza a fabbro (blacksmith).

I could use some help deciphering the witnesses' names to both Luigi and Veneranda's birth acts and the ages of Luigi and Veneranda's parents which will determine their approximate years of birth. I do need to work on my ability to determine numbers.

Best,
Biff

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Reply with quote

Biff,
The witnesses on Luigi's birth act appear to me to be Michele Vigilanto aged 50 profession: contadino (farmer) and Michele Martino, aged 27 (venti sette) also a farmer.
On Veneranda (is that correct?) birth act the witnesses appear to me to be Angelo O (or A) ION O (or A) - Oiono? Aged 23, another farmer and Luigi (another difficult last name to make out - I'm not even going to guess Shocked ) aged 35 a farmer.
This is where having the microfilm really helps. You can compare some of these difficult names with other documents to get a better chance at decifering the letters.

Where is San Marco in Lamis? Is it in Catanzaro too?

Page 4 of 6All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: