x
Toggle Content Register or Login  -  November 20, 2017, 6:14 am
Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: rictallarico
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1874

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 37
Total: 37
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Community Forums
02: Community Forums
03: Community Forums
04: Community Forums
05: Community Forums
06: Community Forums
07: Community Forums
08: My Account
09: Home
10: Community Forums
11: Home
12: Community Forums
13: Community Forums
14: Home
15: My Account
16: Community Forums
17: Community Forums
18: My Account
19: Community Forums
20: Home
21: Community Forums
22: Community Forums
23: Photo Gallery
24: Home
25: Community Forums
26: Community Forums
27: Community Forums
28: Community Forums
29: Community Forums
30: Community Forums
31: Community Forums
32: My Account
33: Community Forums
34: Home
35: Community Forums
36: Community Forums
37: Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Request for extracts ignored by L'ufficio di Stato Civile
Last post by charliemis in Southern Italy on Oct 23, 2017 at 11:38:43

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Northern Italy › My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno)

     Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno)

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 645
Location: Westfield, MA.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

I am working on the Da Via , Delfavero, Agnoli and Burrei families of Valle di Cadore and Pieve di Cadore , Province of Belluno. Here is her ancestry:

(My maternal grandmother is Margaret Davia #1)

Margaret Da Via Farina ancestry

Thanks
Jim Smile

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Carole
Admin
Admin


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 1662
Location: Valtellina - Near Lake Como

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

That is really so impressive James - and I love the presentation - it's really nice.

I'm beginnig to feel a faint urge to maybe try and trace back the family links of my late husbands family her in northern Italy. The family name is only listed in the White Pages here 139 times for the whole of Italy, and all are in the upper third of 'the boot'.

Nuccia is urging me to learn more about the 'how,s and where's' - and let's face it there can be NO BETTER place than here on "Gente", and no better teachers than those, like you and all the others that we have with us here, to hold the hands of people like me on the first steps of our journey.

I can feel that 'bug' biting and really must stop procrastinating! Sad

_________________

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Back to top
View user's profile
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 645
Location: Westfield, MA.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Isn't that website wonderful? The owner has extracted all of the church records from Valle di Cadore, linked the families and then hosts the database on his site. It is interactive and wonderful! As my grandmother's parents are included in that database, he has her ancestry to the 1500's!! I am very lucky.

If there is anything any of us can do to help you PLEASE just ask, it would be my pleasure to help you in any way I can.

Oh and why not also work on your ancestry, when you talk about the bug biting, there is nothing else quite like tracing your own bloodline. I have worked a bit in England on some of my friend's lines.

Very Happy

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Carole
Admin
Admin


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 1662
Location: Valtellina - Near Lake Como

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Quote::
By James:
"....Oh and why not also work on your ancestry, when you talk about the bug biting, there is nothing else quite like tracing your own bloodline. I have worked a bit in England on some of my friend's lines."

Oh dear James.... Rolling Eyes
I'm in the middle of the biggest muddle ever imagined doing just that. The Naughty Nina Saga is about my maternal grandmother who - after 1936 (to all intents and purposes) disappeared (by choice) off the face of the earth. And trying to find out where she came from and where she died is a looooong story. Nuccia (and several others) has been helping me a lot with this for some time. But it is VERY confusing!
Sad

_________________

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Back to top
View user's profile
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 645
Location: Westfield, MA.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
Quote::
By James:
"....Oh and why not also work on your ancestry, when you talk about the bug biting, there is nothing else quite like tracing your own bloodline. I have worked a bit in England on some of my friend's lines."

Oh dear James.... Rolling Eyes
I'm in the middle of the biggest muddle ever imagined doing just that. The Naughty Nina Saga is about my maternal grandmother who - after 1936 (to all intents and purposes) disappeared (by choice) off the face of the earth. And trying to find out where she came from and where she died is a looooong story. Nuccia (and several others) has been helping me a lot with this for some time. But it is VERY confusing!
Sad

Is it posted anywhere? Can I read about the situation/progress? I love a good mystery!

Very Happy

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 2681

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

James, thanks for posting that - I thought for a minute you had another website!! Mr. Green
Carole, I think in celebration of this lovely new forum you need to start a thread on the Saga of Naughty Nina! I only caught bits and pieces and I think we are all curious here.

_________________
Cathy
My Websites
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Carole
Admin
Admin


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 1662
Location: Valtellina - Near Lake Como

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Well 'Part One' is on my "Alpine Settlers Story" site which I am still trying to build (a bit at a time) in between other 'things' that I'm involved with. I'm still VERY new at the web site building game so don't expect either a finished product OR a slick and shiny site like many (including you) have here - 'cos you'll be very disappointed I'm afraid. Sad

I'm trying to collect my thoughts on all that we've found, to enable me to write Episode Two. Once again that's having to be done 'as time permits'.
Here is the link - it's on the second page (Naughty Nina's Saga') ENJOY!

>ALPINE SETTLERS STORY<

Thank you for you interest James. You are very kind!

_________________

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Back to top
View user's profile
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 645
Location: Westfield, MA.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Oh wow Carole, what a tale! That was a fascinating (albeit sad) story. I'd love to hear what Nuccia et al have done and what they have uncovered, I am sure they uncovered at least some tidbits!


I had a naughty Nina also (my maternal biological grandmother Antonina Leone from Carini). I knew her though, at first she welcomed me into open arms when I found my birthmother (her daughter) when I was 19. Soon after (being the diligent little researcher I was) once uncovering a previous marriage, numerous affairs, a hushed up divorce and two children of questionable paternity the woman didn't like me so much. It wasn't intentional, but her paper trail was a lot better than your Naughty Nina.

Can you imagine, all their lives her two older sons believed her current husband to be their father (she married him when they were 3 and 2 years old). Then it was uncovered she was quite the tart, engageing in the phenomenon known as "wife-swapping" which was popular in the 1940's.


Once again, thanks so much for sharing that with me, your parents photo is beautiful!!

Very Happy

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website
nuccia
Admin
Admin


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 4364
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

James,

I so want to know about that story! Sounds very interesting to say the least..

I have to say, you have quite the colorful family. I love it! Very Happy

Carole..we'll have to post the notes about the Edmeds soon..everyone wants to know.

Going to take a nap..so very tired.

_________________
nuccia
Italian Surname Database

Calabria Exchange
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 2681

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

JamesBianco wrote:
Oh wow Carole, what a tale! That was a fascinating (albeit sad) story. I'd love to hear what Nuccia et al have done and what they have uncovered, I am sure they uncovered at least some tidbits!


I had a naughty Nina also (my maternal biological grandmother Antonina Leone from Carini). I knew her though, at first she welcomed me into open arms when I found my birthmother (her daughter) when I was 19. Soon after (being the diligent little researcher I was) once uncovering a previous marriage, numerous affairs, a hushed up divorce and two children of questionable paternity the woman didn't like me so much. It wasn't intentional, but her paper trail was a lot better than your Naughty Nina.

Can you imagine, all their lives her two older sons believed her current husband to be their father (she married him when they were 3 and 2 years old). Then it was uncovered she was quite the tart, engageing in the phenomenon known as "wife-swapping" which was popular in the 1940's.


Once again, thanks so much for sharing that with me, your parents photo is beautiful!!

Very Happy
How did I miss this post! Shocked However did you find out she participated in wife swapping?! It's not like they kept records, did they Question I hope you never research me Exclamation Shocked

_________________
Cathy
My Websites
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 645
Location: Westfield, MA.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
JamesBianco wrote:
Oh wow Carole, what a tale! That was a fascinating (albeit sad) story. I'd love to hear what Nuccia et al have done and what they have uncovered, I am sure they uncovered at least some tidbits!


I had a naughty Nina also (my maternal biological grandmother Antonina Leone from Carini). I knew her though, at first she welcomed me into open arms when I found my birthmother (her daughter) when I was 19. Soon after (being the diligent little researcher I was) once uncovering a previous marriage, numerous affairs, a hushed up divorce and two children of questionable paternity the woman didn't like me so much. It wasn't intentional, but her paper trail was a lot better than your Naughty Nina.

Can you imagine, all their lives her two older sons believed her current husband to be their father (she married him when they were 3 and 2 years old). Then it was uncovered she was quite the tart, engageing in the phenomenon known as "wife-swapping" which was popular in the 1940's.


Once again, thanks so much for sharing that with me, your parents photo is beautiful!!

Very Happy
How did I miss this post! Shocked However did you find out she participated in wife swapping?! It's not like they kept records, did they Question I hope you never research me Exclamation Shocked

Believe it or not, my birthmother (her daughter) told me, and then when I found my grandmother's first husband's family they also brought it up. She was a really hussey I guess!

hmm... you got something to hide? Wink

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 2681

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Most women have something to hide! Wink

_________________
Cathy
My Websites
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 645
Location: Westfield, MA.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Most women have something to hide! Wink

I would bet just as many men do too, if not more.

(of course I am an angel, no dirt on me..) Rolling Eyes

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website
nuccia
Admin
Admin


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 4364
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Oh I could say so much right now but I better keep out of this one...lol. Besides..I've always been a good Italian girl..just ask my mom! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
nuccia
Italian Surname Database

Calabria Exchange
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 2681

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Sure Nuccia! Rolling Eyes A perfect angel, I'm sure! Shocked
James is too busy with his research to get into trouble! I picture him buried under documents neatly piled up 6 feet high. Hehe.

_________________
Cathy
My Websites
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
  Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

  
 
Jump to:  



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Hosted By Site5.com
The logos and trademarks used on this site are the property of Gente di Mare Genealogy.
We are not responsible for comments posted by our users, as they are the opinions of the poster.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy
TCD_ItalianGene © Gente di Mare Genealogy