This tutorial is a step by step that show the appropriate screens that should come up for each step.
1. Type in www.lds.org
2. Put your cursor on Family History and Temples (do not click to select) and a sub menu will appear
3. Select Online Family History Databases
4. Put your cursor on Library (do not click to select) and a sub menu will appear
5. Select Library Catalog
6. Select Place Search
7. Type in the name of the town (box next to Place) - Please note that the town must be spelled correctly for films to display. If there is a spelling error no results will be displayed.
8. Select Search
This display shows what occurs when the town name is not spelled correctly. I have used the town of Brognaturo and used an incorrect spelling. Brognatura instead of Brognaturo
This display shows what occurs when the town name is spelled correctly.
9. Select the highlighted link for the town
This takes you to another page that may or may not have multiple highlighted links. For this exercise Brognaturo only has Civil records available. Many other towns have church records in addition to the civil records.
10. Click on the link you would like to view
This will take you to a screen that may contain various links for civil records, church records etc. For this exercise Brognaturo has records from the state archives available for the years 1809 through 1910.
11. Select the highlighted link for the type of records you want to view
The screen that it takes you to will have a box in the upper right hand corner that says View Film Notes
12. Select View Film Notes
You are now at the screen that lists your films and what is on each film. You will need to print this out and take it with you to your Family History Center to order your films.
13. Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the sentence that says - For a printable version of this record click here then click your browser's Print button.
14. Select the highlighted word here
This is what your screen should look like. Print your page(s) to take with you when ordering films.
Nati = Births
Battesimi = Baptisms
Morti = Deaths
Pubblicazioni = Publications of the marriage banns
Matrimoni = Marriages
Notificazioni = Marriage banns
Cittadinanze = Persons moving in or out of town
Allegati = Supplemental documents to a marriage
Diversi = Documentation of adoptions and foundlings
Riveli = Census information
Memorandum = Marriage banns