Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it...

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it...
For help with translating documents or writing letters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

I have received a response to my letter to Nebbiu. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to translate for me. Joe B.

Risposta alla Vostra lettera del 10/02/2009

Nebbiu’ 04/06/2009
Ho ricevuto tempo fa’ la vostra lettera e mi ha fatto molto piacere cosi spero che se tornate in Italia e soprattutto qui a Nebbiu’ ci possiamo conoscere meglio e vi faro’ conoscere anche mia sorella Giovanna e mio Fratello Francesco e tutta la mia famiglia.
Mi scuso molto del ritardo ma sono stata in ospedale per un mese ora sto meglio ma continuo a fare riabilitazione.
Io non so molto dei nostri vecchi perche’ i miei genitori (ormai morti)non ne parlavano mai, ma insieme a mia sorella vi dico cio’ che sappiamo.
Federico De Maso era il papa’ della mamma che si chiamava De Maso Irene.
Francesco De Maso invece pensiamo che sia il nonno della mamma visto che mio fratello porta il nome di Francesco.
Di piu’ non so raccontare in quanto i “vecchi” del paese sono ormai tutti morti.

Un grande abbraccio e cordiali saluti

P.S. se tornte in Italia fatemelo sapere il mio numero di telefono e’ [edit: removed phone number] Mi piacerebbe conoscervi !!!!

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

I removed the person's name and phone number who wrote this letter for privacy reasons. You know how fast google picks up these things and I would hate for the poor woman or her family/neighbours to log onto the net and find her letter complete with phone number show up.

Perhaps once translated you will want to edit it more. I always tend to be a bit extra cautious about these things. I would hate to have someone offended.

Calabria Exchange
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

JoeB wrote:
I have received a response to my letter to Nebbiu. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to translate for me. Joe B.

Nebbiu’ 04/06/2009
Ho ricevuto tempo fa’ la vostra lettera e mi ha fatto molto piacere cosi spero che se tornate in Italia e soprattutto qui a Nebbiu’ ci possiamo conoscere meglio e vi faro’ conoscere anche mia sorella Giovanna e mio Fratello Francesco e tutta la mia famiglia.
Mi scuso molto del ritardo ma sono stata in ospedale per un mese ora sto meglio ma continuo a fare riabilitazione.
Io non so molto dei nostri vecchi perche’ i miei genitori (ormai morti)non ne parlavano mai, ma insieme a mia sorella vi dico cio’ che sappiamo.
Francesco De Maso invece pensiamo che sia il nonno della mamma visto che mio fratello porta il nome di Francesco.
Di piu’ non so raccontare in quanto i “vecchi” del paese sono ormai tutti morti.

P.S. se tornte in Italia fatemelo sapere il mio numero di telefono e’ [edit: removed phone number] Mi piacerebbe conoscervi !!!!

Translation
Some time ago I recieved your letter and it made me very pleased and I hope that if you return to Italy and above all to Nebbiù we can get to know each other better and I will arrange for you to meet my sister Giovanna and my brother Francesco and all my family.
Please excuse my lateness but I have been in hospital for a month and now I am feeling better but am continuing with my rehabilitation.
I don't know of many of our old people because my parents (now dead) never spoke of them, but together my sister and I will tell you what we know.
Federico De Maso was the father f my mother who was called De Maso Irene.
Francesco De Maso we think however was the grandfather of Mamma seeing that my brother carries the name Francesco.

More I can't tell you because the "old ones" of the town are now alas all dead.

A big embrace and very best wishes,

P.S. If you return to Italy tell me my(?) number and XXXXXXXXXX
I look forward to knowing you

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

Hello Joe:
Just had to put my two cents in, but the only word that comes to mind is WOW! How wonderful for you! party

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
JoeB wrote:

Nebbiu’ 04/06/2009

Translation
Some time ago I recieved your letter and it made me very pleased and I hope that if you return to Italy and above all to Nebbiù we can get to know each other better and I will arrange for you to meet my sister Giovanna and my brother Francesco and all my family.
Please excuse my lateness but I have been in hospital for a month and now I am feeling better but am continuing with my rehabilitation.
I don't know of many of our old people because my parents (now dead) never spoke of them, but together my sister and I will tell you what we know.
Federico De Maso was the father f my mother who was called De Maso Irene.
Francesco De Maso we think however was the grandfather of Mamma seeing that my brother carries the name Francesco.

More I can't tell you because the "old ones" of the town are now alas all dead.

A big embrace and very best wishes,

P.S. If you return to Italy tell me my(?) number and XXXXXXXXXX
I look forward to knowing you

Thanks Carole, your a sweetheart....Joe

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

Fantastic news Joe! When you go ask if anyone there is related to my Great-Grandfather Massimo Da Via who was born and grew up in Nebbiu (Pieve di Cadore).

I should write a letter maybe....

Congrats!!

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

JamesBianco wrote:
Fantastic news Joe! When you go ask if anyone there is related to my Great-Grandfather Massimo Da Via who was born and grew up in Nebbiu (Pieve di Cadore).

Congrats!!

Yes, I have been getting lucky lately. Although I'm afraid a trip to Nebbiu is out of the question with the US Dollar as weak as it is. Not to mention the two of us trying to remember what day it is... Very Happy Very Happy

The last time we were there (1999), I think we got 2000 lira for a buck... Cool
Also, there was a small Italian restaurant called Da Via's on the South side of Chicago in the 1950's. My father-in-law used to tell me they were family.

I have included a small 2 generation slice on Teresa Da Via from my FTM files. This particular chart doesn't print the dates. Teresa was born 8 Nov 1812, she died 26 Aug 1857. Francesco died in 1855. Not a long time is it?

Joe B.

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

lotus45tiye wrote:
Hello Joe:
Just had to put my two cents in, but the only word that comes to mind is WOW! How wonderful for you! party

Thanks for the kind words. I thought the same thing...."wow."

Joe B.

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

nuccia wrote:
Hi Joe,

I removed the person's name and phone number who wrote this letter for privacy reasons. You know how fast google picks up these things and I would hate for the poor woman or her family/neighbours to log onto the net and find her letter complete with phone number show up.

Perhaps once translated you will want to edit it more. I always tend to be a bit extra cautious about these things. I would hate to have someone offended.

Thanks Nuccia, I should have thought of that myself, slap, slap... Embarassed Embarassed
Joe B.

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

JamesBianco wrote:

Congrats!!

Say Jim, is this your Massimo?

JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Nebbiu response has arrived! Can't read it... Reply with quote

Yes Joe, that is my great-grandfather Massimo and his parents Epifanio Da Via and Filomena Burrei. I just wish I could get further back!

Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: